Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Miniature Wedding Cake

I was chatting with my wonderful critic, DL, the other day and she said - "Make me a wedding cake", so accommodating as I am - I obliged.

The cake itself was relatively straightforward, a few layers, some icing. But then I decided to decorate... wow, did it take a while. I have seen a number of beautiful, life size cakes with sugar flowers cascading down the sides and that was the look I was going for in miniature. However each flower had to be individually formed, shaped, placed and a tiny bead placed for the center. In the end I love the result.

A number of friends have suggested making miniature wedding cakes as name cards or to hold table numbers, but I think the effort is too painstaking to make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment